Quark oil dough for about 12 pieces:
300 g wheat flour
3 level tsp baking powder
125 g quark (low fat)
100 ml milk
100 ml cooking oil (e.g. sunflower oil)
80 g sugar
1 pinch of salt
1 egg white
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp milk
1 tbsp sesame seeds
A little practice will be required
1. Mix the flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients for the dough to the bowl and blend everything using a mixer (dough hooks), until a smooth dough is formed (don’t overmix or the dough will get sticky).
2. Form the dough into a ball on a lightly floured work surface, roll it out into a circle
(Ø about 50 cm) and then cut into 12 "cake slices."
3. Roll each slice into a croissant, starting on the wide side.
4. Whisk the egg yolk with milk and brush onto the dough croissants, then sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Place the sesame croissants onto the baking tray.
5. Slide the baking tray into the preheated oven (top/bottom heat: 200°C, fan-assisted: 180°C). The croissants will be ready after approx. 20 minutes. 6. Remove them from the baking tray and let them cool on a cake rack.