Sponge cake batter for about 12 pieces:
50 g raw marzipan
100 g soft butter or margarine
40 g sugar
1 sachet vanilla sugar
2 tbsp apricot jam
2 drops of bitter almond flavouring
100 g wheat flour
1 level tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
100 ground almonds with
100 g sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
Easy to make
1. Cut the marzipan very small and blend with butter or margarine in a mixing bowl using a mixer (beaters) until smooth. Add the sugar, vanilla sugar, jam and flavouring until it forms a uniform mass.
2. Add the eggs quickly, one at a time, mixing on the highest setting. Combine the flour, baking powder and cinnamon, then add on a medium setting. Add the almonds last.
3. Divide the batter evenly into the mini cake moulds.
4. Slide the mould into a preheated oven (top/bottom heat: 180°C, fan-assisted: 160°C). The Cinnamon & Marzipan Mini Cakes will be done after approx. 20 minutes.
5. Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the moulds. Toss in cinnamon sugar and leave to cool on a cake rack.