Sponge cake batter for about 12 pieces:
100 g soft butter or
125 g sugar
1 sachet vanilla sugar
½ level tsp salt
6 g grated lemon zest
200 g wheat flour
1 level tsp baking powder
2 tbsp milk
1 jar of blueberries
(drained weight approx. 205 g)
Easy to make
1. Blend the butter or margarine in a mixing bowl using a mixer (beaters) until smooth. Slowly add the sugar, vanilla sugar, salt and lemon zest stirring continuously until a uniform mass is formed.
2. Add each egg separately, stirring for ½ minute at the highest setting. Mix the flour and baking powder and add it to the mix, alternating with the milk while stirring a the lowest setting.
3. Divide up the dough evenly among the muffin moulds. Sprinkle with blueberries.
4. Slide the mould into a preheated oven (top/bottom heat: 200°C, fan-assisted: 180°C). The muffins will be done after approx. 25 minutes.
5. Wait 10 minutes before removing the muffins from the moulds, then leave them to cool on a cake rack. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.