Yeast dough for about 5 pieces:
450 g wheat flour
1 sachet dry yeast
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
50 ml cooking oil
(e.g. sunflower oil)
1 egg white
200 ml warm water
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp water
3 tbsp sesame seeds
Easy to make
1. Carefully mix the flour and yeast in a mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and use a mixer (dough hooks) to blend it all, starting briefly at the low speed and then at
the highest setting until a smooth dough is formed.
2. Cover the dough and leave it to rise in a warm place until it has visibly increased in size.
3. Knead through the dough one more time on a lightly floured work surface, then shape a roll and cut it into 5 pieces. Roll each piece into a 35 cm long roll, then place them onto the baking tray shaped like rings.
4. Whisk the egg yolk with water, brush onto the rings and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
5. Slide the baking tray into the preheated oven (top/bottom heat: 200°C, fan-assisted: 180°C). The Sesame Bagels will be ready in approx. 25 minutes.
6. Allow them to cool on a cake rack.