Shortcrust pastry dough for about 30 pieces:
130 g wheat flour
3 level tsp baking powder
130 g sugar
1 sachet vanilla sugar
3 level tsp gingerbread spice
100 g chopped almonds
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp water
Some wheat flour
50 g white chocolate glaze for
Easy to make
1. Mix the flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients for the dough and blend with a mixer (dough hooks), starting briefly on the lowest setting, then switch to the highest setting to form a smooth dough.
2. Flour your hands and work surface. Remove the dough from the bowl and knead by hand, then halve it.
3. Shape each half into 30 cm long rolls and place them on the baking tray at least 10 cm apart.
4. Slide the tray into a preheated oven (top/bottom heat: about 170°C, fan-assisted: about 150°C). The Almond Sticks will be done after approx. 15 minutes.
5. Leave to cool, cut into 2 cm wide strips and leave to cool down completely.
6. Roughly chop the chocolate and melt in a water bath on a low heat. Fill into a freezer bag, cut off a small corner and decorate the Almond Sticks.